My Beauty Diary; originating from Taiwan
A brand of facial sheet masks, MBD masks have been in the market and highly raved in the world of Youtube, Makeupalley and even amongst asian celebrities, known to have porcelain-perfect skin.
100 million pcs were sold in Singapore, Taiwan & Hong Kong and is still ever popular.
Sold in boxes of 10 individual sheets with Korean/ Japanese-inspired graphics in muted hues
Individual mask sheets are folder with another layer of plastic, which is easily removed.
Place cold mask (refrigerated) on clean, toned face.
Leave it for 20-30 minutes (maximum to avoid a reverse effect of drying skin) and peel off.
Use mask for neck/ body – gently patting and massaging leftover serum on face and body for better absorption.
Followed by daily serum, moisturiser and sleeping pack if needed.
1) Mask is soaked in serum goodness
2) Sticks extremely well to the contours of the face
3) Inexpensive as a daily sheet masks – incorporated into your facial routine between facial sessions
4) Not drying unlike some options from Face Shop/ Korean brands that reek of alcohol and visibly dries skin
5) Left-over serum can be used for neck, body and leaves me feeling moisturised till the next day
I have tried a spectrum of different flavours & types from MDB but particularly love the black pearl, nato, Q10 and bird’s nest – With visible differences in skin’s moisture level the next morning especially upon usage of the collagen-filled ones like Q10.
MBD sheet masks were also highly recommended by skin care experts on Lady’s First Taiwan with raves about how well the mask sheet actually adheres to the contours of one’s face to ensure product’s goodness can be well-absorbed into the skin.
1) It does not necessarily whiten nor tighten – more of simply moisturising for a day at least.
2) More expensive in Singapore compared to Hongkong/ Taiwan
Available for purchase at Sasa Singapore/ Watsons/ Guardian for 20.90SGD for 10 but Sunnanz is selling 11.90SGD for 10.
Overall, I love MBD mask sheets and would keep purchasing them; close rivals would be Nature Republic’s Snail Therapy mask sheets & hydro gel masks, Etude House’s collagen moistfull range mask sheets – These are slightly more expensive but also heavily moisturises and keeps my face feeling supple till the next morning.