The Boy and the Brand
Naruko may not be one of the many high end brands known to many but its basis and beginings seem to be one projected in a promising direction.
Founded not based on couture and fashion branding but instead, from the legendary Niuer from Taiwan – 20 years of experience in the beauty, cosmetics and research industry. (Read more here!)
Naruko’s Raw job’s Tears Night Gelly’s key ingredients: Taiwan Coix Lacryma-Jobi (Raw Jobs Tears) Seed/Shell Extract
Key aims: Moisturises, whitens, brightens, restores
Product detail (from site): NARUKO Raw Job’s Tears Supercritical CO2 Whitening Night Gelly is designed to absorb deep into the skin to repair and brighten your skin overnight. The night gelly is formulated with Raw Job’s Tears Extract from the most advanced supercritical CO2 extracted technology and created based on three concepts to repair the skin back to health: moisturize, whiten, restore. Poria and Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine improve the skin’s metabolism, absorbency and skin tone for healthy, radiant skin. Arbutin and Vitamin C Glucoside brighten the skin, prevent melanin formation, and restore the skin’s natural glow. Hyaluronic Acid and Snow Fungus Extract correct the skin’s oil-water balance and provide long-lasting moisture.
Step 1: Use the spoon included in the package to scoop out a dime-sized amount of the night gelly.
Step 2: Use the middle and ring fingers to spread it evenly on the face. Breathe in deeply to smell the fragrance of the essential oils.
Step 3: Use the fingertips to gently massage and press it thoroughly.
Step 4: Wait for the night gelly to absorb completely. Do not rinse.
The Review (After 1 month of daily usage)
Love the heavy weight packaging (think glass-like bottle/cap) and spoon included. Feels luxurious especially for a drugstore-equivalent product.
Environmentally-friendly as well, Niuer has ensured his carton packagings can be refolded into reuseable products – in this case a namecard holder! (:
Also, a good amount of product for the sum I paid for.
– The gelly/ jelly texture is amazing and kept cool even at room temperature in humid Singapore
– Love, love, love the light, refreshing scent that is not heavily perfumed but reminiscent of nature and waterfalls.
– Non-oily, non-sticky but pleasantly moisturising, apparent even in the morning!
– Even a little goes a long way
– Naruko’s website is packed full with tips and tricks, even massaging techniques, which are one of Niuer’s fortes.
– Whitening properties/ evening out skin tone deliverables are questionable
– Product reach is limited! Terribly difficult to locate at your local Watsons if you’d like to physically view the product – this is solved with the online ordering options available though.
I currently am using this together with the Raw Job’s tears Toner and have also acquired 2 other gellys. So, we’ll see. But the formulation, packaging and price point is attractive enough for me to stock up.
Overall, on a 10 point scale (1 being hate it!), this product gets a 9!
Buy @ Watsons in Singapore or online here!
Product is also available on the amazing Amazon (For international consumers)